On measures taken by VTB Bank Georgia (JSC) to prevent money laundering and the financing of terrorism and the financing of the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
VTB Bank Georgia (JSC) recognizes that only joint efforts of all the participants of the financial community, as well as governments can lead to success in combating prevent money laundering, the financing terrorism and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. In accordance with the Law of Georgia “Facilitating the Suppression of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing“ and National Bank of Georgia’s regulations, VTB Bank Georgia developed and implemented AML/CTF compliance program including but not limited to the following standards:
- Customer identification and verification (including beneficial owners);
- Risk-based approach;
- Rules regarding Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs);
- Customer due diligence (including EDD for high risk customers);
- Internal procedures for monitoring and reporting transactions (including detecting and reporting suspicious activities/transactions);
- International sanctions compliance;
- Know Your Correspondent Bank (KYCB);
- Identification and mitigation of potential AML/CTF risks relevant to each Bank's activities;
- Record keeping;
- Regular staff training and awareness raising.
JSC “VTB Bank (Georgia)” profile
Wolfsberg Group Correspondent Banking Due Diligence Questionnaire
W-8BEN-E form of JSC “VTB Bank (Georgia)”
Questionnaire for FIs
FATCA Questionnaire for Banks
Updated: 18.12.2020 y.